Water Towers: Ukraine
Jevpatoria, Pryvokzalna vylytsia
N 45.2132 – E 33.3723
Kiev, Khreshchaty Park (Water-Information Centre)
N 50.4526 – E 30.5315 N 50.4526 – E 30.5309
The Water-Information Centre was established on 24 May 2003 by Kiev’s city government with the support of the Ministry of Environment of Denmark during the Fifth Ministerial Conference, “Environment for Europe“.
The entrance of the centre is in a water tower built in 1876, and the administration center is located in a water tower nearby built in 1872. Both water-towers were reconstructed in 2003, in accordance with original plans. The main exhibition is located in an underground water tank built in 1909, and was designed by Karsten Møller, from Denmark.