Eber’s water towers – Poland
The leading trade journal in Sweden, VA-tidskriften Cirkulation has since 1998 an article series under the heading Ebers vattentorn (Eber’s water towers), where Eber Ohlsson with text and photo presents interesting water towers in the world (except Scania and Sweden). Below is a free translation to English of these texts.
Eber’s water towers in Cirkulation 6/2016
A free translation to English:
In German Silesian capital Breslau was built 1904-05 a lavish water tower in bricks designed by architect Karl Klimm. The design was a medieval castle in a mixture of neo-Romanesque and neo-Gothic facade and decorated with mythical animals in sandstone. In the ground floors were there official residences for the servants at the water works and in 42 meters height a viewing platform, which could be reached by elevator.
The water tower survived undamaged through WWII. In the mid-1980s ceased the operation of the water tower and in 1995 became the tower restored and houses now a restaurant and conference facilities. Today, the water tower stands in Polish Wrocław.