||Sign at the water tower
Wignacourt Water Tower is an interesting stone structure with a three metre high circular pedestal and rounded tower above supported by pilasters. The structure is topped by a floral stone sculpture. From the unusual shape one can immediately surmise that the structure has had nothing to do with defence, habtation or religious worship. In fact, it is a water tower forming part of an aqueduct system which brought water by gravity from grounds around Mdina an d Rabat to Floriana and Valetta. The fountain commemorates the inauguration of the aqueduct in 1615. It is complete with Wignacourt's coat of arms and a drinking trough for horses.